July 25, 2021
Out of the Shadows
Beating Temptation: No, the Devil didn't make you do it!
James 1:12 NKJV
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
The Progression of Sin
James 1:13-16 NKJV
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.
- The Lord will test our faith, but He will never tempt us to sin.
- Satan is the lying, opportunistic, tempter.
- Sin is a picture of life
- "Do not be deceived" - Either by Satan or self!
Always remember this: "Sin will take you further than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay!"
Look for the Exit Sign
- Where are the exit signs?
- We come out of the shadows by developing situational awareness when it comes to temptation.
1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
Choose the Good Over the Bad
James 1:17-18 NKJV
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
- The Birth Analogy Revisited: instead of growing in Sin, grow in Christ!
- Now go & live differently because of who you are in Christ!
Jesus Paid it All
- What temptations are you battling today?
- Are you ready to turn it over to the Lord?
Next Week: Out of the Shadows - Special Guest Aaron Stephens
Refresh Gathering - Wednesday @ 7:00 p.m.
Sunday Morning Prayer Huddle - Sunday @ 10:15 a.m.
Please invite someone who will benefit from it.
(the greatest contribution we make to our community is the gospel!)