August 2, 2020
Manna’s mission is “To rescue children from the grip of poverty”
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Providing nutrition
- Caring for orphans
- Medical clinics
- Providing education
- Clean water projects
- Meeting spiritual needs
Alliance's partnership with Manna
Our partnership with Manna:
- Monthly support for Pastor Jairo
- Monthly support for prenatal clinic
- Monthly support for the feeding center
A Message from Pastor Jairo
“Kind regards dear churches and pastors. The pastoral family
thanks for your prayers and financial support for the children and
our family constantly. Due to the pandemic we have worked
with home visits and feeding the children, we hope in God
start our services soon. Since, in Guatemala there are more than 45 thousand
infected, we hope in God not to be reached here in the community.
The government has indicated with the activities in the country, we hope in God
do not complicate the situation any further. I'm sure God keeps working
even when the temples are closed. We have no services, but the church
of the Lord is still active in her work in the community.
I am sure we are praying for each other and I appreciate the
Prayers that they will pray at this time for us and for GUATEMALA”.
Number of Weekly Meals
Day: 98 meals a day
(This is the daily average)
Week: 490 meals a week
Month: 1960 plates of food at
- Since 2012
- Six trips today (this years trip was cancelled)
- Money given for land purchase
- Money given for building construction
- Interviewing Pastor Jairo as the new Pastor of the Church at El Arado
- Church started in December 24, 2015
- Feeding center started and is now one of the largest in Central America
- Our financial commitment is $1,205 a month
- Through June of this year, we are $300 behind in budget
- Manna says we can feed a child for a month in Guatemala for $20
- Please consider helping us in this incredible ministry as we continue to partner with Pastor Jairo and his team to reach El Arado and the surrounding communities with the gospel.
- Would you consider a one time gift to help us catch up on our Manna budget?
- There is a giving option on our website for Manna. Please join many others who help us in this global effort.
Let the Little Children Come to Me
Matthew 19:13-15 (ESV)
13 Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people,
14 but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
15 And he laid his hands on them and went away.
Lessons we learn
- Children were brought to Jesus
- The disciples rebuked the people - thinking that Jesus was too important to worry with children
- Let the children come to Me - children were very important to Jesus
- For to such belongs the kingdom of heaven -
Matthew 18:1-6 (ESV)
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them
3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me,
6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.
- He laid His hands on them
- He’s going to receive them
- He’s going to bless them
- He’s going to pray for them
- They’re going to go away happy
Matthew 25:40 (ESV)
40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
When we partner together, children are cared for by a group of people who are very concerned for the children’s spiritual, physical, and emotional well being.
It will be the best $20 you could spend in a month.
If you are supporting our Manna ministry, thank you.
If you are not, please consider helping us.
What Are My Next Steps?
- I will live a generous life.
- I will care for the needs of others.
- I will partner with Alliance in reaching kids with the gospel through Manna.
- I will pray about how I can help.
Meet the Willis Family!
Please invite someone who will benefit from it.
(the greatest contribution we make to our community is the gospel!)